1-800-FLOWERS.COM

Saturday, October 13, 2007

My vegetable garden


Me and my family loves to eat vegetables. We prefer organically grown vegetables too - no fertilzers, no pesticides.

Since we have a spacious yard, we decided to raise our own vegetables. We have okra, string beans (batong), eggplants, petchay, atsal, alugbate, tomatoes, camote, squash, srping onions, radish, ampalaya, ginger and upo.

With all these vegetables that we grow in our backyard, I do enjoy harvesting them, cooking them and giving away the excess produce to my parents and my office workers. Aside from sharing my "vegetable blessings", I am also inspiring them in a way that I (their boss) is also capable of growing vegetables more than what my family needs.

In my vegetable garden, I enjoy planting the grown seedlings to the prepared ground or to their individual pots. I love watching my vegetable plants grow, bear flowers and of course fruits. I even monitor their fruits twice a day to check their growth progress and always look forward to the harvesting period.

I bring with my my basket and my scissors when I do the harvesting, which I enjoy doing so much. Most of the times, I can harvest as many as 3-baskets full of vegetables. The produce is much more than what my family can eat and I am indeed thankful for these blessings.

No comments: